How often do we wonder just when our vintage item was made? If you’re a reseller, especially if you have an Etsy shop, eBay too, these days, it pays to know an approximate age. So, I worked up a little chart that gives approximate time frames. I mean, I’m constantly having to double check, so I needed it, too. This does not include all possible countries of origin, but has the primary ones that imported to the United States in the last 100 years or so.
It’s not meant to be definitive and is not all inclusive. There’s some give and take and overlapping years, but this is what I’ve learned from my research and I wanted to share it with you. I did not delve into mid century modern items and mid century styles, many from Denmark, nor did I get into the Italian Florentine and other items from Italy. There are, of course, a myriad of countries that we could drill down to. I’ll say again that this is just a basic guide to the more common items we see most often. Click on the photo below for a free PDF printable.
In a nutshell:
- Nippon: 1891-1921
- Occupied Japan: 1945-1952
- Hong Kong: 1950s-early 1970s
- Japan: 1960s
- Korea and Taiwan: 1970s
- Taiwan, East European countries and some made in China: 1980s
- China, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia: 1990S-Present
ROC is The Republic of China which was Taiwan.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW
Latest posts by Wanda (see all)
- How To Make Fabric Pumpkin Bowl Filler Flatties - September 25, 2023
- A Personal Review and Comparison of Temu Silk Flowers - June 13, 2023
- A New Look For the Vintage Booth - May 15, 2023