Emily at Livin’ Vintage tagged me to tell seven things about me, then, of course, I’m to tag seven others. Here are the rules:
If you have been tagged, here is what is requested:
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a post on their blog.
So, let’s see…..Ummm…..
1. I’m an only child, but very unspoiled. Momma made sure of that. But…..
2. She wanted me to do the things she never got to do, like take dancing lessons. And she was afraid of the water, so she wanted me to take swimming lessons. I hated dancing lessons. I always got stuck on the front row because I was so short. She thought it was because I was good. In swimming lessons, she’d put me back in the beginners every summer, thinking I’d have forgotten what I’d learned the previous summer. It was hard to advance that way. (Didn’t like swimming lessons, either.)
3. I’ve almost died twice. Well once really, but I thought I was going to the other time. Once was in swimming lessons. We were having to bob in the deep end without touching the sides. When I’d done my 25 or 30 bobs, I reached for the side, but kids had all moved in front of me and there I was in the deep end, not knowing how to tread water and no room to swim. I panicked, kept bobbing and finally made it to the side somehow. Scared me to death! The other, more for real time, something stung me on the foot when we were at the lake, 30 miles from nowhere. I went into anaphylactic shock. Didn’t know that was what it was called at the time, but I remember thinking, “Please not now. I don’t want to die now.” I broke out in hives, my lips and arms swelled up, my hair stood on end, my heart started racing, red streaks were running up my arms, I got a knot in my chest and I felt faint. I laid down in that nasty bathroom floor, had to upchuck, then the other end. It all seemed to get out of my system at that point and I lived. To this day I don’t know what stung me.
3. I’ve never lived more than 50 miles from the town I was born in and only lived away for 5 years.
4. I’ve lived in this house for 30 years and have been trying to move for the last 20. Can’t find anything we like better that we can afford.
5. No matter what size I am, fat or thinner, my top is always two sizes smaller than my bottom. (My current state is fatter than I’ve ever been in my LIFE including 9 months pregnant. I’m not proud of that.)
6. Growing up, I was a Hippie wanna-be. Just a little too young to go to San Francisco with flowers in my hair. I had no idea what was really going on, as most of the kids who made it out there didn’t. I was also a groupie wanna-be. REALLY had no idea what was going on with that! LOL
7. My list of past boyfriends are as follows: Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Peter Noone, Davy Jones, Donovan, Mark Lindsey (Paul Revere and the Raiders), David Soul, countless others, Rod Stewart, Peter Frampton, then I remember David Soul again, Don Johnson, Jon Bon Jovi, Mel Gibson, Tom Berenger, Viggo Mortensen, Roger Daltrey and I currently have a crush on the voice of Serge Gainsbourg, but he can’t be my boyfriend because he’s dead. But the love of my life is the fellow I met when I was freshman in high school, started dating when I was a junior, married a month after graduation and have been with ever since. But shhhh, he doesn’t know about the others. 😉
In no particular order, the next tag victims are:
Colleen at Fresh Vintage
Timi at A Girl Named Timi
Jenny at Yard Sale Bloodbath
Sue at Vintage Rescue Squad
Lynn, my friend and because of combined families, sister-in-law at Swampgirl
Dona at Antekin
Connie at Magnolia Street Style
I’m sure some of you have been tagged before, but we never get tired of reading about you!
There were no sales for me this weekend. My son, Philip, came up for the Auburn/LSU game, so I hung around home while he was here. I’m SO missing the sales! By the time I get back into the groove, I’ll be so ravenous for a bargain, I’ll probably buy anything!
Latest posts by Wanda (see all)
- Let’s Talk Flower Frogs – What Are and What Aren’t - March 6, 2021
- How To Make These Farmhouse Clothespins - March 6, 2021
- The Latest Vintage and Not So Vintage Haul - March 6, 2021